SEGADriven is a SEGA fan-site that focuses on SEGA's console history, retro games and new software hitting the shelves soon. We want to share a love of great, quirky, clever and down-right fun games and SEGA have managed to provide this for over 2 decades. See below for the latest news, features and updates to the site.
– All 6 UK Adventure Gamebooks have now been added. These are different to the 2 Adventure Game Books that were already listed in that they are actual choose-your-own-adventure novels. Cover scans and inside shots have been added for all of the Gamebooks.
– 2 Michael Teitelbaum Sonic the Hedgehog children’s novels have been added. These are based on the Sonic the Hedgehog (SatAM) cartoon and were only published in North America. Cover scans and inside shots have been added for both.
– Sonic the Story has also been added. This is an illustrated version of the UK Sonic backstory that is also detailed in Stay Sonic and carried into publications like Sonic the Comic. A cover scan and an inside shot is also available
All additions also include the name of the author (if credited), the publisher, the publishing date and the ISBN number. Head over to the SEGA Book Catalogue to see the updates!
Existing entries in the index now have a much tidier look that puts the artwork front and center and any additional images are now linked via image thumbnails at the bottom. Just makes the entries a little easier to navigate.
The final addition comes in the form of a Pulseman remix LP that was recently given to us by a good friend. This is quite a peculiar release as it was distributed in the UK despite the game never making it out of Japan.
While we’ve added placeholder entries in the index for a large amount of releases, we’ve actually added proper entries which you can click on to display the full tracklists for Crush 40’s 2 Nights 2 Remember, the Bayonetta Original Soundtrack, Blue Blur: Sonic Generations Original Soundtrack, Stereotype’s Electrace Pulseman and the Hatsune Miku -Project Diva- Original Song Collection. Scans of the artwork will also be coming soon.
Also, some of you may have noticed the links to artwork in a few of the entries are currently leading to 404 pages. This is because the scans were sadly lost during the TSS server crash last year. However, these will return in due course so please be patient!
Hello everyone! This year we thought we’d mark the end of the year a little differently so we’ve made a video that chronicles SEGA’s releases throughout the year. Take a look at our Year in Review video by clicking the embed below:
Thank you to everyone who has continued to read the website and check out our YouTube videos this year. Your support has always been fantastic and we can’t wait to show you what we have in store for next year.
Developer Noctet Studio has launched the Kickstarter for the SEGA-inspired racing game Slipstream. Check out the campaign trailer below:
As you can see, the game is heavily influenced by games like Out Run, Super Hang-On and even things like Sonic 2 if you take a look at the casino-themed area. Noctet is only asking for $6000 and the game is due to release in March 2016.
A new trailer for SEGA 3D Reprint Archives 2 has gone live and you can watch it below:
SEGA 3D Reprint Archives 2 is exclusive to Japan. The collection bundles together 3D Sonic The Hedgehog, 3D Galaxy Force II, 3D Thunderblade, 3D Altered Beast, 3D Fantasy Zone II, 3D Power Drift and 3D Puyo Puyo 2 with two Master System titles; Maze Walker and Fantasy Zone II. It launches on the 23rd of December for 3DS.
RadioSEGA’s WinterFest returns this Friday the 18th of December and we’ll be making a special appearance on Saturday with a one-off Cyber Razor Cut! Our show will go live at 8pm GMT on Saturday the 19th of December and will run for 2 hours. We should have a prize to giveaway as well so if you wanna bag some loot then you’ll have to listen live!
You can check out the full schedule below:
Friday, 18th December, 2015
– 7pm GMT (2pm ET/11am PT) – RSN Live with voice
– 8pm GMT (3pm ET/12pm PT) – SEGA Mixer Drive with Rexy
– 10pm GMT (5pm ET/2pm PT) – FiGHTS: into Streams… with Ravsieg
– Midnight GMT (7pm ET/4pm PT) – Club SEGA with I Need Fruit
– 2am GMT (9pm ET/6pm PT) – The Voice of SEGA with DrScottnik
– 4am GMT (11pm ET/8pm PT) – Blastmas Live! with The Blast Processors
– 5am GMT (Midnight ET/9pm PT) – Last Call: The WinterFest Sessions with Audio Sprite
Saturday, 19th December, 2015
– 3pm GMT (10am ET/7am PT) – The Sonic Show’s Christmas Craptacular 2: The Crappening
– 5pm GMT (12pm ET/9am PT) – VOCALAND with Tracker_TD
– 6pm GMT (1pm ET/10am PT) – The Weekend Bonanza with Andy
– 8pm GMT (3pm ET/12pm PT) – The Cyber Razor Cut with SonicYoda
– 10pm GMT (5pm ET/2pm PT) – SEGA AGES with Simon
– Midnight GMT (7pm ET/4pm PT) – Sanity Within Chaos with cdrom1019
– 2am GMT (9pm ET/6pm PT) – SEGA Nerdcast with SEGA Nerds
– 3am GMT (10pm ET/7pm PT) – Last Call: The WinterFest Sessions with Opus Science Collective
– 4am GMT (11pm ET/8pm PT) – Last Call: The WinterFest Sessions with Mykah
– 5am GMT (Midnight ET/9pm PT) – Last Call: The WinterFest Sessions with Dr. halc
Sunday, 20th December, 2015
– 3pm GMT (10am ET/7am PT) – SEGA Does Podcast with Dylan Cornelius and Sam ‘The Pixel Dude’
– 4pm GMT (11am ET/8am PT) – Sounding Ecco with Caverns of Hope
– 6pm GMT(1pm ET/10am PT) – The SEGA Lounge with KC and SSF1991
– 8pm GMT (3pm ET/12pm PT) – Sega Addicts AM
– 10pm GMT (5pm ET/2pm PT) – Saturday Night SEGA with Gavvie
– 11pm GMT (6pm ET/3pm PT) – Rest Past the Grind with EsperK
– Midnight GMT (7pm ET/4pm PT) – Last Call: The WinterFest Sessions with RoBKTA
Full details can be found at RadioSEGA. We look forward to seeing as many of you listening in as possible!
SEGADriven is proud affiliates with the following websites:
SEGADriven and its original content are copyrighted to Lewis "Sonic Yoda" Clark 2008-2015. Media related directed to SEGA is copyright of its respective authors. Any comments on SEGA-related materials do not represent SEGA themselves. All rights reserved.