SEGADriven is a SEGA fan-site that focuses on SEGA's console history, retro games and new software hitting the shelves soon. We want to share a love of great, quirky, clever and down-right fun games and SEGA have managed to provide this for over 2 decades. See below for the latest news, features and updates to the site.
A Sonic the Hedgehog 25th anniversary event has been revealed. The event will take place at the San Diego House of Blues on the 22nd of July. Tickets are available now and can be bought by clicking here.
The event was announced at a recent Sonic the Hedgehog retrospective panel at SXSW. Sonic the Hedgehog social media guru Aaron Webber also hinted at another Sonic game reveal for the event but wouldn’t commit to a definite, “there will be a new Sonic game announcement at this event” so take those comments with a pinch of salt.
Another frustratingly difficult update to our various Merchandise sections has been completed! The full list of additions is below:
– Scans of Mean Machines SEGA issue 32, SEGA Force issue 7 and SEGA Pro issue 48 have been added to the magazines section
– Images of the Sonic amiibo and Metal Sonic/Amy from the First 4 Figures mini figure collectibles have been added to the models and figures section
– Images of Joypolis Candy and Sonic Mountain Quest have been added to the miscellaneous section
After some serious background struggles with my browser crashing for no good reason, I’ve finally completed tonight’s update to the Magazines and Books sections of our Merchandise catalogue. See below for full details of the new additions:
– Scans of Mean Machines SEGA issue 5 have been uploaded (cover and an example of the Shinobi III cover feature)
– Scans of SEGA Power issues 37, 50 and 60 have been uploaded (covers and examples of the cover features for each issue)
– The two Mean Machines SEGA reviews guides have been added to the SEGA Book Catalogue, complete with front and back cover scans as well as example shots from inside the books
SEGA Europe have revealed a ‘Europa Edition’ for Valkyria Chronicles Remastered.
The European special edition will come with an A3 poster of the game’s cast and an exclusive ‘The Art of Valkyria Chronicles’ art book. On top of that, you also get all the previously released DLC with the game as standard. That’s a pretty nifty package if I do say so myself.
Pricing hasn’t been revealed yet but Valkyria Chronicles Remastered launches in Europe on the 17th of May for PS4.
SEGA are now running a new survey which you can get involved in by clicking here.
The company are specifically looking for fan feedback in order to, “make their games better”. There’s a whole host of questions in this survey that ask what your favourite SEGA franchises are (both old and new) as well as your involvement with things like mobile gaming. They’ve also hilariously listed House of the Dead and The House of the Dead as separate entries. Oh SEGA.
This survey is certainly an interesting development that fans of the publisher will want to get involved in. As we have previously mentioned in the past in our Yakuza 0 and the Disparity Between SEGA America and Europe article, SEGA’s Western divisions don’t seem to communicate with consumers very well and an opportunity to give feedback in this survey may help improve matters in the future.
A new trailer for the arcade version of Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games has appeared.
The arcade cabinet is an elaborate little thing with a step sensor for events that involve running and two massive joysticks you have to rhythmically fondle for the other events. You can get a little peak at the various events in the new trailer below:
Mario & Sonic at the Rio 2016 Olympic Games launches in arcades worldwide some time this year. It’s exhausting just looking at it.
Jun Senoue has released a second volume of his The Works series, appropriately titled The Works II.
This second solo album by Senoue features a whole host of SEGA-related songs that include work on the Sonic the Hedgehog series, Out Run and Dengeki Bunko Fighting Climax.
You can see the full track list below:
01. Nitrous Fury（新曲・書き下ろしのギターインスト）*
02. Sparklers（電撃文庫 FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION）*
03. Eternal Glory（電撃文庫 FIGHTING CLIMAX IGNITION）*
04. Stand On The Edge（電撃文庫 FIGHTING CLIMAX）
05. It Doesn’t Matter -RMX2.014k-（Passion & Pride）
06. Escape From The City -Blue Blur RMX-（ソニック ジェネレーションズ 白の時空）
07. Angel Island Zone -SSBB RMX-（大乱闘スマッシュブラザーズX）
08. Big Arm（ソニック ジェネレーションズ 青の冒険）
09. Run Through The Speed Highway -Hybrid Mix-（ソニック ジェネレーションズ 白の時空）*
10. High Groove（EA SPORTS NASCAR ARCADE）*
11. Fill It Up（EA SPORTS NASCAR ARCADE）
12. Dangerous Ground / Crush 40（EA SPORTS NASCAR ARCADE）
13. In The Lead / Crush 40（EA SPORTS NASCAR ARCADE）
14. Fuel Me / Crush 40（EA SPORTS NASCAR ARCADE）
15. All The Way / Crush 40（EA SPORTS NASCAR ARCADE）
16. Battle For Justice [CHAIN Band ver.]（チェインクロニクル・バンドアレンジ）*
17. Battle For Justice II [CHAIN Band ver.] （チェインクロニクル・バンドアレンジ）*
18. Beat The Master II [CHAIN Band ver.] （チェインクロニクル・バンドアレンジ）*
19. Rush A Difficulty (Short Edited ver.)（OutRun 2 Special Tours）*
20. Forging The Champions（サカつく プロサッカークラブをつくろう！）*
21. Foundations Of Fortune（サカつく プロサッカークラブをつくろう！）*
22. Go The Distance（サカつく プロサッカークラブをつくろう！）*
23. Slammin’ Lockers（サカつく プロサッカークラブをつくろう！）*
24. Arena Anthem（サカつく プロサッカークラブをつくろう！）*
* first time on CD
Jun Senoue’s The Works II is out now and available to buy from Amazon Japan.
The next vinyl release from Data Discs is a double LP pressing of the Streets of Rage 2 soundtrack.
This edition of the soundtrack has been newly remastered in collaboration with Yuzo Koshiro himself and will feature 4 exclusive demos and unused tracks. A limited edition pressing will feature a clear record with a smoke effect and red splatter for £24.99. There are also variants featuring just the clear record with smoke effect (also for £24.99) and a standard black variant with a lower price of £22.99.
Pre-orders for the release will start on the 27th of February and the records are expected to ship in early April. You can preview the artwork and a few tracks on Data Discs’ online store.
The Dreamcast and SEGA Saturn console themes for 3DS are finally coming to Europe this Friday the 19th of February. Each theme will set you back £1.59 and come complete with sampled audio relevant to each console.
The European localisation has been especially impressive for previous SEGA console themes with the Mega Drive and Master System themes using sound and imagery relevant to the console’s release in the PAL regions. The same seems to have been applied to the Dreamcast theme which actually uses the blue swirl as opposed to the orange swirl used in America and Japan.
SEGADriven is proud affiliates with the following websites:
SEGADriven and its original content are copyrighted to Lewis "Sonic Yoda" Clark 2008-2016. Media related directed to SEGA is copyright of its respective authors. Any comments on SEGA-related materials do not represent SEGA themselves. All rights reserved.