Our good friends at SEGA News.net have made me aware of this Kickstarter project that aims to create an extended ‘History of SEGA’ book based Sam Pettus’ original online history of SEGA article.
The aims of the project are listed below:
1) Update all the information in the book to be as accurate as can be.
2) Add more sources, quotes, and original text to help tell the story through the eyes of the people who experienced it.
3) Add more pictures to help tell the story.
4) Hire a real (expensive) editor to correct all mistakes and to enhance the readers experience. This will take almost 60% of the budget.
5) Get professionally done artwork on the cover to make this book as appealing outside as it is inside. This will take roughly 10% of the budget.
On top of that you can even pledge for hard copies of the book in many different styles (paperback, hardback, black and white, colour etc). It’s certainly an interesting little project and for those who like a good video-game inspired read it’ll certainly be well worth a pledge.
[Source: SEGA News.net]